
We built this puppet theater one day after learning about ventriloquism. We found many websites with different patterns and ideas, and liked this one best. It is made of PVC pipe and black fabric. I found the fabric at Wal-mart in their $1 section. I was thrilled at my find! I bought 8 yards (all that was left on the bolt) and spent a whole $8! A great deal for such a project! I went to our local construction store and bought the PVC pipe, T's and elbows for around $10 to $20 dollarss. I actually can't remember the exact amount. It was a while ago and my pregnancy brain has not been remembering anything well these days. :)
The kids and I also attempted our own puppets, but I think we (me) needed a little help on this one. But it was fun trying to figure out how to get yarn hair to stay on the heads, and how to make the mouths open just the right way. This was pretty tricky, and in the end we decided to just save up and order some already-made, really cool ones from a magazine.

A side view. As you can see, there are two levels so you can sit in a chair behind the very back curtain and reach your hand to the front one.
One nice thing about this one is that you can disassemble it when you are done with your puppet play. Just remember to mark the poles with a marker before hand.
1 comment:
sounds absolutely fun!! I found some hand puppets at a yard sale. Now with your info I can make a stage!! how fun!!
Post a Comment