I have had many mothers tell me "I could never have the patience to teach my own kids, it would be a fight the whole time." or "I don't feel qualified to teach my own children." I would listen to their reasons and then ask myself the same questions after our visit was over. "Was I really qualified? Was I kidding myself thinking that I had enough 'experience' under my belt? Did I have more patience than other mothers?". I admit, it took me a little while to figure out the answer to these questions. At that time I was asking the Lord a different question on what to do with my oldest child who is incredible creative and gets side-tracked easily. I was struggling with helping him to concentrate and finish a job to the end. When I finally received my answer on what to do about it, I also received another answer at the same time to the question I asked myself above. I received my answer to the question about my son. Therefore I was Divinely led! I am Divinely qualified to teach my child! The Lord chose ME. Not anyone else. I am a co-creator of spiritual offspring. I do not need to have years and years of college credits or degrees. I do not need to have lesson plans and lectures comparable to the great orators of time. I am my child's greatest mentor and example. I had been called and set-apart the moment my child entered my womb to guide, direct, teach and inspire. The Lord chose ME! No one loves my child as I do. Who then could be a better teacher? I am Divinely Qualified. What other qualification could I need?
I repeat the plea of Bishop H. Burke Peterson, "Mothers, catch the vision of your call!"
Nov 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
i love your thoughts here. i think they are inspiring and right on! thank you for always being such a good example to me.
hi boston- i am echo's friend in hawaii. i was talking to her about how i wish my sister-in-law kept a blog about all the cool things they do with their homeschooling group and their homeschool day-to-day and she said, "my sister has one!" i have had so much fun poking around here while ambrose (my son) sleeps this afternoon and i want to read all of those books on the book lists you've posted! what great lists!
anyway, glad i know about this blog now. thanks for being a good example to all of us new moms!
Post a Comment