We have a homeschool group that meets once a week. Each mom takes a turn teaching ( or being in charge). We rotate turns and it's not too strenuous because there are about 8 families that get together. This has been a wonderful asset to our homeschooling. It provides a "social" day for the kids. Actually, I have to admit, as would all us moms, It serves as a "social" day for us too. :)
We mostly go on field trips to the nature center, the museums, the local factories and fire departments, bakeries, etc. Sometimes we have lessons at one another's' homes. Some of the funnest ones have been the most simple ones. For instance, one mom taught us all about rocks. This was very cool and educational. Also, very inexpensive.
In the past we have emailed or called to let each mom know what was going on that week. As of recently, we started a private blog for our group. This has been great! I wish I could give you a link to see what we do on there, but it's Private, so I will just have to explain. We have a blog roll of all the families who have blogs. We also have links to some of our favorite educational/homeschool websites. We post on there regularly to keep us all updated on the latest homeschool group activity or local happenings. It's also a great way to know about things that are going on at our local college, theaters, museums and libraries.
Feb 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
I've been seriously considering homeschooling again. I taught my oldest last year when he was in Kindergarten. This coming fall he will be in second grade and my daughter will be in Kindergarten. I miss making homeschool an every day part of life and steady part of our home. I'm not sure how manageable it will be with triplets though. But your site is always an inspiration to me. So thank you. :)
triplets huh?! That's amazing! Good job mom!
Having a group has helped me so much! It gives the kiddos (and myself) something to look forward to each week.
Glad you like the site....I wondered if anyone even looks at it. I have considered shutting it down, but now maybe I will leave it up. :)
Since I know I have at least too readers.
too? ...oops...i mean two. :)
I two ;) read your site often, I love browsing all the articles you have found and looking at what ideas have helped in you family. Keep it up!
Post a Comment