First:
I got a three ring binder and used some craft paper to make it recognizable amidst all of my kids' other three-ring binders. (This is where you can get creative and color-coordinate according to your style. I probably would have gone with a more fresh look, but since I am on bed-rest with this pregnancy and can't get out much, I just used what I had in our homeschool closet.)
Second:
I made a section for Mom's goals. This is where I keep a record of my thoughts and plans throughout each day.
I found this cool goal organizer in the back of one of my homeschool books by Diane Hopkins. I think it was either Happy Homeschooling, or I Love Homeschooling. Here is a link to her site if you would like to purchase her book. ldfr.com
Third:
I made a section for my calendar. This is a must for me! We meet twice a year as moms to plan out our homeschool group activities and each mom needs a calendar to keep track of who is in charge that week. I also include the other families ' phone numbers , addresses, kids ages, etc. in this section.
Fourth:
My favorite section! I have an idividual section for each of my children. This is where I write down ideas and inspiration for each one. I include what we are working on and also their goals. For example:
My oldest has a more vigorous agenda each day unlike my 4 yr. old. So, I have to keep better track of his progression and where he is either progressing or staying stagnant. My youngest is learning how to write all kinds of short words. I have a list in there of all the words he is learning to spell so we can work on them and help ingrain them in his memory.
I also include a Book of Mormon reading chart in each of their sections. We read from the illustrated Book of Mormon reader and also the Old and New testament readers as well as the D&C illustrated reader. The boys love looking at the pictures ! (this does not include the family scripture study. We do that later with Daddy.) I think that this is an essential part of any LDS homeschool family. After all, isn't this part of why we homeschool in the first place? Because study of the scriptures is not included in the public school systems curriculum.
The infamous misc. section. This section could get crazy if you let it. (if you're anything like me :) ).
I try to just include my favorite articles that I like to re-read.







2 comments:
GREAT!! I have looked over MANY organizers..I think I might try yours. By the way, what is the Philosophy of Home education? I would like to read that. Thanks for the inspiration.
rachel (echo's friend)
I got it from latter-day family resources a few years ago. They had a link to print it off for free, so I did. Warning though.... It was practically a whole book! By the time I figured out it was like 100+ pages I pushed cancel print and decided I would just buy it someday instead. I think the title of the book is called Love to Learn, Homeschool handbook curriculum guide by Diane Hopkins. You can find it at ldfr.com
Post a Comment