Dec 12, 2008

Parents, whatever you are doing, return home.


I was reminded of a quote that I read a long time ago.

"Remember to keep your family responsibilities as a priority. There will be many who will want to encroach upon your responsibility to teach and provide activities for your family. Never forget that yours is the primary responsibility, and that your ultimate success in all other endeavors will be in direct proportion to the attention you give these divinely appointed relationships." (See D&C 88:119)

Have you ever had the wonderful experience of cuddling up with your little ones and reading or telling them a story?
My most happy moments are those when I am with my family. I love the individual time as well as the group time. I am seeing that as my children get older the temptation to send them here and there, to lessons, to sports, and to whatever the world has to offer is getting stronger. I feel so strongly to keep them at a minimum. Yes, lessons and sports can be very important supplements for helping to raise our children, but let's not forget the most essential things. Home is the best place for mom, dad and the children to be. Especially young children who are so impressionable. Working, learning and playing together will teach them the most important lessons in life. Time with your children is your most valuable gift to them.
Parents, whatever you are doing, return home.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Nice, Boston. I am also realizing that being home is just a start but I need to actively be involved in the things they are doing at home or involve them in what I am doing. There is more power in being home when we spend it together.

dixie said...

Splendid, Boston
Agree 100 o/o